Saturday 12 November 2016

Diabetic-Friendly Smoothie



Ø 1 cup almond milk
Ø 2 large handfuls of fresh spinach
Ø 1-2 scoops of protein powder
Ø 1 banana, preferably frozen
Ø 1 Tbsp. frozen apple juice concentrate
Ø 6-8 ice cubes

Makes 1-and-1/2 8 ounce glasses of smoothie.

I have been drinking at least one smoothie per day, and generally two smoothies per day, one at breakfast which includes oatmeal, and one for lunch or supper which includes spinach. I vary the ingredients, sometimes adding berries instead of apple juice concentrate, and cocoa powder in the morning oatmeal smoothie.

My daily glucose readings are continuing to drop. In May, my fasting morning reading was anywhere from 150 to 205, my 14 day average was 165 and my 30 day average was 156. My morning fasting glucose readings now range from 130 down to 84. My 14 day average is now 122 and my 30 day average is 132. Weight loss has been extremely slow, only about 1 pound a month, but energy level has increased and I have much less problems with foot neuropathy. I am 71 and moderately active. Get more information about smoothies here: http://tinyurl.com/ho4rcym

No comments:

Post a Comment